Monday, June 28, 2010

my sailboat and me

What I really want is a sailboat.

Really, though. Sure, I want a new computer. I want a job and a new car, even a new used car, that'd still be lovely. I wouldn't say no to a Nordstrom or Victoria's Secret gift card. Fuck, I love underwear. I want direction, health, wholeness, gymnastics training, voice lessons. Krav Maga. A horse.

But I keep coming back to my sailboat.

I mean, do you really need anything on a sailboat? It's water, it's sun, it's wind, and it's you. And you control where you go, and when, and how quickly. Except the kicker is - you don't, not entirely. It's give and take, you and whatever else is out there with you, that water, that sun, those winds. That's the beauty of a sailboat. I feel like out there I'd be integrally part of something immense, but somehow also acutely myself. Somehow.

I just have this image of pulling ropes and tying sails, and probably pulling and tying muscles, and spending sweaty salted days out where everything sparkles. I hope there's a place where everything sparkles. I want to find it, and live in it, and when I get there, I hope they give me a sailboat.

No comments:

Post a Comment